Sunday, December 16, 2007

Creating A New PSN Account



Creating a new PSN account might be simple to you
but I realise that a lot of people, mostly those new to the online environment in consoles, are struggling in trying to create their own online identity, be it on Live or PSN. Here, I'll cover the basics on creating your own PSN account, in case you aren't able to google it quickly. So here's the step-by-step guide.

1. Create your own user account
First and foremost, you'll need to create your own User account on your PS3 by going to "Create New User" because your PSN ID will be attacted to that user once you've created it. So make sure it's not your brother's user account or someone else's.

2. Sign Up for PLAYSTATION@Network
Depending on your version of your PS3 (version 2.00 onwards have their own PSN icon on the XMB), go to the end and click on "Sign Up for PLAYSTATION@Network.

3. PSN Registration
Select a region of your choice. You can select any region you like so long as you can give a valid address. Pick US if you would like to get a lot of contents weekly and just google for a valid US address.

When it comes to Master or Sub account, select Master.

You'll also need a valid e-mail address.

Online ID means the username that you will be using when you are playing games. So this will be the name other people will see when you play online or when you are on their friends list.

Once you get to the address section, just go and google for a valid address depending on which region you picked. It doesn't have to be someone's home address. Just get an address and you'll be done.

Forget about the Billing Information for now. You can do that later.

4. Done
Congrats! You've created your first PSN ID. Now just go over to the end of the XMB and add friends! You can add me. My PSN ID is sinadam. There you go, one friend for you. =)

6 comments:

Nick Thien said...

Hi, I'm a gamer from Brunei as well and recently just got my PS3 and Burnnout Paradise. But it's going to take a while before I get my next game... So I was just wondering if you guys had any luck signing up to a US or UK PSN store and buying stuff online from there? Up to now there still hasn't been any feasible way to do it...

You can add my PSN username: NixiN-7hieN

Mr Syaf said...

hey nick, i use a US account and it works fine with my credit card. My brother is on UK and he buys stuff off the UK PS-Store just fine too. What's the problem with urs?

Anonymous said...

Hi..I just bought ps3 n recently updated d system to 4.0. But when I wanted to sign up a ps3 account, I got stuck in entering the address. You see I'm using Singapore as country of origin and the console stated that the address in invalid. I tried entering orchard, sentosa island n wat not n still d same result. I even entered d postcode of the address. So can you help? Thanx in advance.

Mr Syaf said...

Hi Anonymous, are you entering an actual address or just making up one? You'll need to enter an actual existing address.

Anonymous said...

so you could buy games on playstation store even if we put different country? my one is in Brunei. will it not detect from our credit card since the address in credit card is Brunei?

saad said...

This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention. free PSN codes list