Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Jungle Is Alive

When Uncharted was first revealed, I never really was into it like everyone was. Re-creating the jungle environtment in a game has never been made great by anyone. There was always a lot of things missing that you would find in the trees. I'm a big fan of hiking and I go through the jungle a lot - heck, walking to Niah Cave showed a good deal of environment that I thought games wouldn't be able to replicate. Note, I thought.

Came Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I'm not sure whether its the fact that the game is in Blu-Ray that gives it enough space for textures or the great talents at Naughty Dog but the jungle just looks so full of trees and plants and - it just looks like a jungle. It feels like a jungle. Heck, the water in the game looks better than any water I've ever seen in any games, period. Add that to the amazing looking gameplay. Melee combat looks so fun and the transition from gun shooting to hand-to-hand combat just looks so fluid. This has definitely jumped itself onto my wish list.

Here's an inside the game look from GameTrailers for you to wow at it as well.


No comments: