Thursday, August 02, 2007

Open Crashing

I love open environment in racing games. The freedom to choose your own path requires a lot more strategy than just a linear racing game. Plus, you get to have your own racing style. But, I never thought the Burnout series would go in that direction.

When it was first mentioned that Burnout Paradise would have an open city for your racing needs, I didn't think it was such a good idea. I loved the fact that you get to be racing in the same line of path with a group of cars and be able to push one car into another, creating massive destruction in the middle of the road leaving you untouched and in front. That, to me, was the appeal of Burnout racing. No other racing arcade racing games give me the same awesome feeling.

Then a fellow PSN user of PS3Attitude.com sent me this video via YouTube of Burnout Paradise gameplay vid by gamepro. Crashing your car in an open environment is fun. That is the new appeal. That will give me that new feeling. The freedom to crash anywhere, at whatever time of my choosing and especially at what ever place of my choosing. Imagine the unlimited crash creativity you'll have in your hands and be able to record it on video and upload it on YouTube for the world to see. Oohh~ the joy.

Here's the 6 minute video. Enjoy.


No comments: