Wednesday, December 12, 2007

TIME picks HALO 3



Usually, I don't really care
much about gaming top 10s from places outside the gaming journalism but, I guess, TIME Magazine can be somewhat okay. Somewhat.

In any case, I'm sure a lot of you would be happy to know that TIME Magazine dubbed Halo 3 as their No 1 video games of 2007, calling Halo 3 as the "perfect hardcore first-person combat simulator". I think that's a matter of perspective, I like COD4 better. But I can't argue that Halo 3 doesn't belong there. It's a great game.

Here's the rest of the list:

1. Halo 3
2. The Orange Box
3. Rock Band
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. BioShock
6. Call of Duty 4
7. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
8. Mass Effect
9. Ace Combat 6
10. God of War 2

Seems like even the PS2 shares the top 10. Seriously, how can TIME Magazine call it Video Game of 2007 when 2007 has yet to end? This is why I rely more on the gaming industry's own journalists to come out with the best top 10s because they wait until next year to try out all games. TIME needs to know that putting games into Top 10s of the year takes time. So I'm going back to my dose of 1up, GameSpy and IGN.

No comments: