Monday, December 26, 2005

The evolution of Gaming Platforms

I have been playing a heck of a lot of games for the past few weeks since I last posted anything here. And for every game I've played, none were on the PC. Unfortunately (well depending on how you see it), I haven't been playing games on a PC for yonks. My Command and Conquer days are over for over a year now. First person shooters are getting better and beginning to feel incredible on consoles. And with the PSP now getting more great games, handhelds are a great way of playing good games while breathing fresh air at cafes or just relaxing at the beach - heck playing games online wirelessly on handhelds are no longer a thing of the future. With games like SOCOM on the PSP, planning strategies via voice-chat works flawlessly. Just expect people to stare at you every now and then if you're playing at a cafe.

I used to be a PC-gamer first, console-gamer 2nd and handheld last. But these days, handheld seems to be closer due to the fact that I can play my games outside the house despite graphics being inferior to consoles. PCs atlast I can't say much. With the 360, the statement that says PCs are superior to consoles is at last a thing of the past. Consoles just make life so much easier for gamers. No more graphics configurations. No more crashing back to windows. No more looking at the PC requirements. No more upgrading. And the best part? Playing games on high-resolution HD-TV. Can't find the 360 you want? Singapore has some, priced atleast between 800-850 for the core edition. Next-gen is here.

No comments: