Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Fable Worth


Y'know I loved the original Xbox. Even moreso than the PS2 back then. I'd spend time trying to connect it to my PC, learn how to transfer files straight from the PC and view files on the xbox hard disk through xbox community websites. It was a blast. I had so many songs in there that a lot of old songs I still listen to reminds me of the games I played it with. For example, I used to have Linkin Park's Meteora album as a background music for PGR and now everytime I listen to it in my car, I reminisce those old days, playing PGR and yet somehow my mind wonders to KOTOR. I wonder why KOTOR is always in my head whenever I think of the original green and black box?

Anyway, speaking of the original xbox, there was one game that I fell in love with - apart from Halo and Halo 2. That game was Fable. I played it more than twice. I finished the game more than twice. Heck, I even bought Fable: The Lost Chapters and replayed the game. Why did I love Fable? What's not to love? It's got a cool title! Plus, I'm a sucker for a world like Fable - which is why I love Oblivion.

I've been keeping up with the Fable news and Fable 2 has had a number of progress. Besides the scarring I mentioned months ago that Peter Molyneux shared with everyone, Lionhead Studios mentioned that the battles in the game will have an emotional attachment to it. What that means we have yet to find out.

Having family, scarrings, emotions, Fable 2 is shaping up to be what they aim for, almost realistic. I can't wait for 2008.

See more screenshots here.

No comments: