Monday, August 06, 2007

From Quake and Doom comes Rage

I don't know what's wrong with gamespot today. I've been trying to watch this video of Idtech's debut engine and I only get half of it streamed. I wanted to watch it fully before I embed it here but anyway, I hope you guys have a better luck.

Those people in id, the makers of doom and quake, showed off a tech demo called id tech 5 through their newly debuted game called Rage. Rage is currently designed simultaneously for PC, Mac, 360 and the PS3 and it will use id's second generation of 'Megatexture' technology - which will eat up at least 20gigs of uncompressed texture. Thus, it is obvious that it will take up two dvds on all platforms except ofcourse for the blu-ray in the PS3.

The game will apparently boast 20hours of gameplay, id style, in the one player campaign mode. Id is also aiming at a Teen rating game compared to their Doom and Quake series.

The game will be set on future Earth after a comet heavily hits the planet and brings with it (guess what?) enemy monsters. So have fun fragging those.


No comments: