Friday, July 13, 2007

Killzone 2 HD impressions


Just got the time to watch that Killzone 2 trailer I downloaded off the PS-Store. Spent a good 15 mins replaying it over and over, at times in slow-mo. It's interesting the detail you miss when watching it at normal speed.

I was studying the video, mostly because I was a bit disappointed (even though I knew it was inevitable) with the fact that this Killzone 2 trailer did not look as good as last year's. If the first one was never shown, this one would have impressed. But nevertheless, Killzone's graphic still catches the eye.

Forget about details of the graphics and all, I'm sure you've read it everywhere by now. What I want to point out is the weather effect in the trailer and how it seems to effect the surrounding. Wires sway as the wind blows, city lights up for a milisecond as lightning strikes and antennas make noises due to the storm.

Besides the weather, the other thing that impresses me is the blood effect. As enemies are shot, blood don't just spray. It seems like it depends on the damage. The more you shoot, the more the blood spreads. Shoot a little, a little blood comes out. Hell, the blood looks good!

I hope this game won't disappoint. Now, I'm contemplating whether I should go and download nucleus or not.

No comments: